Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Alarm!


Alarms
Originally uploaded by Leo Reynolds
We had an exciting moment last night. Sweetie was asleep and I was reading in bed, and I heard a high-pitched tone. I didn't think much of it, but then the alarm went off! Sweetie LEAPT out of bed and before I could even turn over, he was in the hallway screaming "YOU'RE DEAD! RRRRAAAAAWWWWW!!" By the time I got my robe on and made it out to the living room, he had the alarm off and was wielding a weapon, stalking around all the doors checking for intruders.

There were none. There was also no smoke or anything else. The only thing we can think of was that the garage door might not have latched perfectly and blew open a little bit because of last night's wind. We proved to each other that, given the exact right circumstances, it was possible to think you had deadbolted the door but to not actually have done so.

Sweetie went into the front and back yards, checked all the windows and doors, and then we both went to bed (although he got up once more to re-check the windows). Still, that sucker is LOUD and my adrenaline spiked. But not, apparently, as much as my hero and protector.

RAAAAWWWRR!!! YOU'RE DEAD!!! AAAARRRRGGHHH!

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

That is both hilarious and scary that he took off like that. Although for a minute I was puzzled because I assumed it was a fire alarm for some reason and that he left you behind to die in the blaze while taunting you. I don't know what it says about me that this thought crossed my mind for several disturbing seconds.

Count Mockula said...

That gave us both a good laugh! I think it's because the picture has the word "fire" on it in a couple places. It was our burglar alarm, for belated clarification.