So long story short...
Airplane ride was fine. She barely made a peep. We bribed her with Cheerios and Puffins. Actually got complimented on how good she was.
Car ride was fine, too -- she fell asleep.
Got to Eugene on Friday late morning, and met up with my SiL and family. First thing we did was go to Toshi's ramen. Zadie liked it.
Then we hung out at the house most of the evening. Maryam made us all ravioli and my MiL brought a veggie pizza, so we had a feast.
Here are some shots with the family.
On Saturday we went to breakfast at Brail's, a strange maze of a greasy spoon that had great food. Then we spent time around the house, and in the afternoon Zadie and I got to go shopping with Kelsey and Maryam for Kelsey's graduation dress. While she was running around the store, Zadie found this flower headband and tried to put it on. Auntie put it on for her, and she stood in the mirror and said "hot baby, hot baby!" (Admittedly, she was probably trying to say "hat."
Auntie Michelle had made her three outfits for her birthday, so she wore one to Kelsey's graduation. She was very tired after the graduation ceremony, and she slept through the whole thing.
Here's some of the family waiting to leave for the ceremony.
The next day was Sunday, and we were getting ready for Kelsey's big party. We brought coffee and bread and jam and Grandpa brought some fruit, and we all hung out. Actually, everyone else cleaned and I tried to keep Zadie out of the way. Zadie wore another of Auntie MIchelle's dresses.
She assisted in making rice.
And she stayed out of the way by playing ball with cousin Kellen.
Here she is with Grandpa.
The party was a success and there was lots of wonderful food. We went to our new vacation rental afterwards, and it's cute and quiet.
On Monday morning we went to the Glenwood for breakfast -- I love their food. I had a Greek omelette. Yum! Zadie had most of Maryam's eggs benedict. Then we went to Smith Family Bookstore and I got a couple Sherman Alexie books. Finally we came back and took a nap. Then it was off to Cafe Yum with Grandpa, Ann, and Jacob. They make these rice bowls with cilantro salsa, beans, a tahini-based sauce, avocado, and cheese, and they're super-good. Then we met up with the whole family at the Rose Garden, a beautiful park with all kinds of different roses in colors I'd never seen. Some were fragrant and some weren't. Then we walked a path along the Willamette River to a cool playground with slides and swings and a miniature town and a fountain and a little wading pool. She had a blast. Unfortunately there are no pictures because while we were in the Rose Garden, Sweetie had the camera, and when we got to the playground and I got the camera back, I was wiped out and just lay in the grass with the family while Auntie Maryam chased Zadie around.
There are pictures of our dinner at Sweet Basil, a Thai restaurant, last night, but I haven't gotten them off the camera yet.
So far today we had breakfast at Metropol, an awesome bakery, and now we're hanging out at Maryam's until later, when we'll go to a wave pool!
Anything else of note? She's been saying lots of small sentences, like "baby eat" and "baby sit." She has not been sleeping well, taking a long time to get to sleep, then waking in the middle of the night and wanting to toss and turn in our bed. If I wait until she falls deeply asleep again (which can take hours), then try to put her down again, she'll stand up within minutes crying and screaming "mama." The one night I let her cry for a while she broke my heart, saying "mama all gone. Mama all gone." I brought her three books and two small toys, but we didn't need to; everyone has been bringing books and toys for her. She's in love with this weird little man doll, and she calls him her baby, kisses him, then throws him downstairs. Nice, huh?
I guess that's about it. I'll update again now that we're officially online!
Here she is in our vacation rental in Daddy's hat.
No comments:
Post a Comment