Sunday, September 06, 2015

Lochlan at one.


We had Lochie's party today. I made a beach ball cake and cupcakes, and we had several beach balls around the yard. Many people came, and Lochlan got lots of nice presents. Among the notable ones were a hat from Grandpa John (he and Lochie play with Grandpa's hats a lot),  two xylophones from Granny (yes, two), a Darth Vader sweatshirt from Maral and Ryan, and a plush doll from Z* (I mean, I paid for it, but she picked it out) that he really loves. Then right around 2:30 (afternoon nursies time) he cried and could only be comforted... you guessed it. So I nursed him, and pretty much everyone stood up and was like "Nice seeing you! Happy birthday, gotta go!" And the place cleared out.

Sweetie and I were talking the other day, and we said well, Lochlan doesn't talk much, he can't walk, he doesn't sign, he can't clap... but MAN, is he happy! He has the most infectious smile and laugh, and everyone around him basically can't help feeling happy when he's happy, which is most of the time. And if you were looking for good qualities to have, I can hardly think of a better one than that.


With Zadie's gift, after I said "Hold it up to show Grandma!"
*A little story about the doll from Z: When I was in Chicago while pregnant with Z, I saw the sweetest doll, a little peapod baby in a green pod jacket. I don't know why I didn't buy it for myself, as I just fell in love with it. Plus, we had been calling the baby Peapod! Anyway, not too long later, I had my baby shower, and my cousin gave me that very doll. It was called SweetPea, and Zadie loves it still. Well, a few weeks ago we were in East Sac Hardware (a wonderful store that also carries a variety of non-hardware items) and we saw SweetPea's near-twin, a little green blanket with a peapod-baby head and satiny trim. Zadie really wanted to give it to him, knowing how much she loved her SweetPea. Today, she decided that at least until Lochlan could name it himself, we should call his toy PetePea. I think that's fantastic. Above is a not-very-good picture of Lochlan with PetePea.

Lochlan and Daddy while he enjoys a cupcake.
Just minutes before his 2:30pm Declaration of Done. (In his Grandpa hat.)


The beach ball cake with some accessories.

At dinner last night. 




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

One needs two xylophones if one expects a xylophone duet!
A terrific birthday party, and everyone got to say balls a lot!
Happy Birthday Lochlan!
BowSaw62
(Grandpa John)

Laura E Santos said...

Great photos!