Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Lochlan loves love

When Sweetie and I got married, we had custom fortune cookies made. One of the "fortunes" read "We love love! Thank you for celebrating with us."

Well, lemme tell ya who else loves love... the boy child of our loins!

He is just the sweetest, cuddliest, lovingest, most affectionate child. I mean, Z wants to snuggle, but on her terms, and she can be prickly. He can barely communicate, and about a third of what he communicates is that he loves us (the rest is mostly about eating, trucks and cats).

My parents used to do this gesture to me, and I do it to my own kids -- I point to my eye, my heart, and them to mean "I love you." Zadie learned it and did it back to me when she was a little older than Lochlan, but he has already done it, pointing to his heart, then to me.

He also loves his stuffed Clifford dog. He pointed to his chest, then to Clifford. I said, "You love Clifford?" He said "yeah."

He also gives hugs, pats us on the arm when we're holding him, rests his head on our chests, smiles at us, and tonight, when I told him "I love you," he said something like "AAA-OUU!"

I'll take it.

No comments: