Wednesday, October 20, 2004
Frustration!
Okay, I'm at a workshop for school, and the e-mailed confirmation had a link to mapquest. I've been out to this area before, but it's an old Air Force base, and the roads throughout are curvy, the names change frequently, they turn one-way without notice, and it's generally difficult to navigate. So when Mapquest said it would take 16 minutes, I left half an hour early. Still, Mapquest had not accounted for the GIGANTIC friggin' accident on one of the only big streets out of my neighborhood. And naturally, the thinking-outside-the-box creatice geniuses in the turn lane in front of me decided to just wait it out rather than flipping a bitch. So I was already running late when I actually hit the AFB, and then I kept looking for streets that didn't exist, or running across streets that were supposed to be two or more turns later. Finally (after turning completely arond in the middle of the street about 3 times) I saw a big sign on a shiny building that said SCOE (Sac county office of education) and I figured that was it. I get really uptight when I'm late (if you know me, you'll understand) so I was freaking out when I walked in at 4:02, but as of 4:11, they just now finished taking attendance. Now they're starting. --CM out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment