Okay, so I had my doctor's appointment, and after about a 5 second questioning, it turns out I have shut-the-hell-up-you're-a-whiner disease. No, what he actually said was "fibromyalgia," but they're pretty much synonymous. Anyway, I have to call and see how the lab work came out (they're ruling out lupus and about 4 other things), but if it's "fibromyalgia," I will just ask for a foot X-ray and drop the whole matter. Fybromyalgia . . . I swear to god.
Piggs is all moved in. His office looks great. Clothes whore that I am, I still managed to make some room for his clothes (not nearly enough, but some). There is still some detritus around to deal with, but he and I are basically tidy folks, so I believe it won't last long. I get the impression that he's more anti-clutter whereas I am more anti-dirt, so we may just complement each other cleaning-wise.
SBC sucks. Piggs called long before the move-in date and asked whether his DSL could be moved to my number. Nope, I had to cancel. Which I did, effective the 28th. Then he transferred his service (complete with new phone #) to our place effective the 29th. That day, we moved all the stuff, then put most of it away, then he started fiddling with the DSL hardware. Well, it didn't work, and they said on the phone that the customer service person he'd talked to previously was on crack rock, and they wouldn't be able to get it done until Tuesday. Needless to say, Piggs is cranky about it. Sample exchange of 30 seconds ago: "What are you doing over there type-head?" "Blogging." "GRRRRRR."
I've still got the ol' dial-up, which he is WELCOME to use, but he has decided to be cranky about it instead. I just sent out an e-mail saying I'd changed my phone number, but I might just change my e-mail as well, because I don't really need to keep the dial-up if I can use the DSL. I'll think about it.
I made yummy sugar cookies in holiday-themed shapes and gave them to neighborhood kids and took them to a party. I decided not to keep any here, because I have such a sweet tooth that I would eat them ALL.
Let's see, what else. I have to go back to work tomorrow, and I have a TON of grading to catch up on by Friday, when grades are due. I'm not looking forward to it, and even worse is that I have a workshop tomorrow after school. Hmph.
I was Twiggy for Halloween -- houndstooth mini, very mod boots, batwing sweater, toggle coat, and I pretty much already have the haircut. I did the big false eyelashes, too. I think if you knew who she was, you'd get it, but how many people would? Oh well, I amused myself.
I finished "America: The Book." Very funny, not only in what it had to say, but in the way it mocks history textbooks. Some very astute and pointed shit in there, as well as some very silly. My favorite quote was about how all the senators were Republicans or Democrats, then it notes that yes, there might be some Green party senator from Oregon, but Hippie Q McFreakington probably wasn't going to get much outside the greater Eugene area. Hee.
Okay, I really should go do something else now. Take care, all.
2 comments:
bah, its not the same.
I am anti-dirt as well. Quite so, but clutter drives me beyond insane.
crossing my fingers in the hope that DSL is working when I get home. Otherwise it's Vice City, which I am a tad tired of.
You could always read a book.
Post a Comment