Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Ask and ye shall receive.

I have a good friend. He's the one who convinced me to come to the new job, probably had a hand in my hiring, and he's been very kind about showing me around, getting me materials, etc.

So Monday he asked how it was going, and I said that overall, things were pretty good, that there were just a few minor things that were drawbacks. He asked what they were, and I mentioned the bathroom thing first, then that because I really didn't have anyone to eat lunch with, it was hard getting to know people, and I missed the sense of camaraderie I had at my last job. The next day, he and another teacher came over to eat with me, today they were here again, and they're asking even more people to come over. I know I'm really lucky to have a friend like that. Now if only there were something that could be done about the bathroom . . .

No comments: