Well, on the new job, I still wish there were more or closer bathrooms -- really, that's about the worst part of my job, so things could certainly be worse. I am definitely working more, harder, and longer, but I still start every class with a smile. I started teaching my 7th period dance class today -- it turns out that I do know enough about belly dancing to fill an hour. Later this week is swing! I also have a couple phone calls to make to get a hip-hop group and a ballroom/jazz dancer in.
Interestingly, in addition to that whole "no camaraderie" thing, another thing about the staff is that I notice they all dress really nicely. It's kinda strange, like, some of the guys actually wear three piece suits! There are also a profusion of sport jackets, and probably about half the guys wear ties. It results in kind of a positive peer pressure to dress nicely. I'm trying to fit in, but I'm not naturally like that -- I'm more of a casual gal. But I've definitely kicked it up at least one notch -- slacks, ironed shirts, accessories, even heels one day! I'm working on it . . .
Unrelated, the new neighborhood I work in has to be one of the town's hot spots for bad driving. I thought I might be imagining it at first, but after I saw my THIRD driver with a 40 in a paper bag before 4:30 in the afternoon, I realized that no, it really is exceptionally bad. People tailgate, weave in and out, dial cell phones -- I mean, I know it's stuff that happens everywhere, but it really seems to happen in a more condensed fashion out there.
This weekend was pretty cool -- I went swing dancing, we had sushi, I went to see Marty Cohen and the Sidekicks (my friend's dad is a Sidekick), saw my old friend there (it's been almost two years!!!!) and was so thrilled to see her, then Sunday I got to see my friends' new baby, took a nap with my sweetie, and sat at Tupelo to do my planning with a biscotti and a "bowl of soul" (soy milk, chamomile tea, and honey). All in all, a very nice weekend. My mom is out of town, so I sang the birthday song to her cell phone voice mail, but next weekend (another busy one), I'll make my famous German Chocolate cake. Now that I've bragged, it'll probably come out as a pile of crumbs with a scrambled-egg frosting, but I swear it's usually good.
2 comments:
you can never do wrong with the german chocolate.
I can come by & do the running man for you...
Post a Comment