Sunday, February 15, 2009

I love being a mom

But there's no doubt it makes life a little weirder.

For example, this morning I woke up, changed a diaper, and sucked the snot out of someone else's nose.
IMG_2713

Then I made waffles and tried to keep Z from spilling my coffee.
IMG_2716

Then I went to yoga, while Z went to the child care center. Halfway through yoga, the child care lady came and asked if there was a "Karla" in the room. I guessed this was me. There were a lot of older kids (maybe 15 or 20) in the center, and they were yelling and Z got scared. She was crying, so we had to leave early.

Then I went to the co-op, where, dressed in my yoga clothes and a with a serious case of bed head, I ran into two friends and Zadie yelled "Bye" throughout the store.

At home, I fed her three blackberries and some yogurt.
IMG_2719

She smashed the berries in her hands.
IMG_2720

Then she grabbed her legs and feet.
IMG_2721

I stripped her and put her in the bath while I got her towel and a new diaper and waited for the water to warm up.
IMG_2723

She peed AND pooped in the tub (I decided not to photograph it).

So then we took our shower, where she decided to nurse, and kept switching boobs like a teenager with his head under the Slurpee machine.

Then we got out, got her dressed, and I cleaned the tub. When I came back to get her, she was sucking on antibacterial hand sanitizer.

It's been quite a morning.

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

Wow, that was just the morning? I'm exhausted just thinking about it.