Little Miss Wonder-pants is like the queen of new sounds and signs lately. She now makes the sign for diaper very clearly, and is working on the sign for butterfly (she can't cross her thumbs, but it's clear what she's doing). She makes animal noises very well, especially "bow wow wow." She makes the sign for fish with both the pucker-lips and the wavy hand (pucker lips is the baby version, wavy hand is the grown-up version). She also now both pats her thigh and pants for the dog sign.
Also, quite suddenly, she started crawling. She has been army crawling for months, but never on her hands and knees. Then she started getting around by holding on to stuff and shuffle-walking, so we figured she'd skip the regular crawl, but no; all of a sudden she was just like "What? I can do this."
She has also realized that my boobs are still there even when they're behind clothing, and has figured out in many cases how to get the clothing out of her way.
She said "eye" many times and "hair" at least once, and can usually point to those, as well as noses and mouths. I'm not crazy about her pointing at my eye, because she kind of sticks her finger in there, but still...
When I play the Beastie Boys for her (or just sing the song) she sings along with "Fight for your Right." I go "Fight! For your right! To PAAAAAAAAAAAAR-TAY" and she goes "Paaaaa."
She also will now kiss her doll. I hold a doll and say "I love you!" and kiss it. Then I hand it to her and she smooches it, too.
Right now she's playing peek-a-boo with her daddy and laughing her ass off and making growling noises. It's a nice morning.
1 comment:
Yes, it is!
Bowsaw62
Post a Comment