Friday, April 10, 2009

The cupcakes


IMG_3098
Originally uploaded by countmockula

Yesterday on Facebook I saw a BEAUTIFUL picture of cupcakes that Jenny made. She mentioned that she was going to bring some over for Zadie.

Today I went about my errands, going in and out through the garage, and came home from lunch with Grandma at about four. Sweetie was supposed to be home at five and I had planned to make one of his favorite meals, so instead of going anywhere else in the house, I just stayed in the kitchen and started dinner.

Apparently, while I was out, Jenny had dropped off the cupcakes and FedEx had come by with a package. My mom then dropped by, not planning on coming in, but then seeing everything piled up on our porch, she decided she'd better bring it in.

When I first started making dinner, Zadie was in the room with me, but after a few minutes, she wandered out into the living room. I checked on her and found her nose-deep in a chocolate cupcake with three other cupcakes on the floor around her. I picked them all up and put them back on the plate, then put them on the kitchen table. I went back to cooking.

A few minutes later, I turned around to see what she was doing, and she was gnawing on a green-frosted cupcake. Three others had fallen into the diaper bag when she pulled the plate down. I guess when it comes to cupcakes, I really need to keep an eye on this one.

7 comments:

Laura E Santos said...

She has your overalls on!

Count Mockula said...

Cute, huh?

Monkey Girl Crafts said...

LOL!!!!

Laura E Santos said...

She looks adorable.

Anonymous said...

Were you asleep at her birthday party? She can find Green Cupcakes and her mouth with ease. Go for it child!
BowSaw62

Count Mockula said...

We're TRYING to stick to healthy snacks, but man, she can spot junk food from a mile away.

Suzanne said...

Not that any further evidence is needed, but she is one smart kid. Money and cupcakes - the child knows what is good to have around!