Puddinhead doesn't feel good (and has the diapers to prove it), and she has been in my arms non-stop since 4:30. She also didn't sleep well last night. I think it's just serious teething -- she's got another molar coming in. But I feel awful for her.
I also feel awful for me: I lost ALL the phone numbers in my phone, most of which existed only there. Would it have been smart to have them elsewhere? Yes, yes it would. But it was a serious of sucky circumstances (mostly my fault) that caused me to lost the numbers, and now I'm just sick about it. I was able to replace many of them, particularly those from friends who answered my email, but there are some that are just gone, gone, gone, including that of an old friend I've very nearly lost touch with (and this may be the nail in the coffin of that relationship).
Wanna know what happened?
Got a new iPhone (YAY!! And super-duper thanks to Sweetie, who rules beyond belief). Synced it to the computer. The phone numbers from the phone went onto the computer, and the addresses from the computer went onto the phone.
It was messy. I cleaned up the contacts on the phone. But if I sync them again, it'll get messy again. So I deleted the contacts from the computer, thinking that ZERO contacts plus a nice clean list = a nice clean list. But instead, it wiped out everything off both lists.
And then I discovered that deleted files from contacts don't go into the trash, they just disappear.
And then I discovered that my automatic back-up thingy had been turned off and hadn't backed anything up.
So everything was really, really gone, unless it was an address I had in the computer the last time I backed up (in February).
And it remains really, really gone unless I've contacted the person and replaced the number.
Anyway, the whole thing pretty much bummed me out, and I STILL can't figure out what I did wrong/why it worked that way. Suffice to say, I know better now. In future, I'll be cleaning up the messy list on the computer. Humbug. I'm still happy to have the new iPhone, though. It's super-duper cool! I even have a fancy Cibo Matto ring tone. Nothing like Japanese girls screaming at you to alert you that a call is coming in.
3 comments:
I know this doesn't help you, but Verizon has a thing where I pay like a dollar or 2 a month, and every night at 9:16 my phone flashes and is backed up by Verizon. Then if I get a new phone or something happens, I just take it to the store and they stick a little computer in the side and BAM like magic, all is well. (That's what I did when I got this new phone.)
Like I said, doesn't help you. Guess I just wanted to brag.
Maybe B can help with this....
I can't remeber - did I respond to your email about my cell number. I have had such a busy few days that I can't remember. I will send you a message on facebook if I didn't and I am sorry.
Kiss Z for me and loves to you all.
Auntie m
Post a Comment