I'm having a lot of fun with my new food blog. I don't know if anyone's getting any benefit from it, but I'm enjoying writing it, and I actually feel good about the content. I think a novice cook could utilize it and make some decent food.
Zadie just had her last day of her first year of pre-school. She loves school. She's a real extravert, and she loves being around other kids. Next year, she'll be in a four-day-a-week program, which is a little scary for me, because it feels like that's too much, too soon! Isn't she just a baby? But no, I think it's perfect for her and she's really going to enjoy it. Here's her first day and last day.
In other news, we're getting a kitty! I wasn't exactly ready, but this one wandered into my classroom at school three times. I kept shooing it away, but it kept coming back, so I figured it needed something. It was very small and skinny, and I picked him up easily and put him in a cardboard box. He mewled unhappily, so his sister came wandering in to see what the fuss is about. With a little more difficulty and some help, I caught her, too. My dad was kind enough to pick them up (I didn't want fleas in my car), and he and my step-mom are nursing them back to health. Anyway, I've fallen in love with the little gray guy, and I am pretty sure they are in love with the caramel one, so my initial concerns about how to adopt them our or whether to fix them and return them to the colony were unfounded. They both have homes. I'm naming the gray one Luther Furbank.
My school is almost out, but not quite. Sigh. It feels like it's a long year.
I was updating (okay, completely re-making) my web site for school, and I decided there ought to be a page that has my education and some of my writing credits. But there aren't that many, and so I decided to submit more of my writing for publication. I went to my writing group last night, and the other gals really supported that idea. Then, this morning, I read one of my local poetry blogs and they had an announcement that a journal's submission deadline is tomorrow. So I threw something together, attached it to an email, held my breath and hit "send" before I could change my mind. Wish me luck!
1 comment:
Good for you girl. You said a while ago you were full of words. Spill.
BowSaw62
Post a Comment