Hey, so I did take a break from Facebook all day. And guess what? I got a lot of stuff done. I bought some things to donate to the women's shelter. I took care of something I needed for work. I fixed the washing machine.
The other day I needed the washing machine paperwork. Luckily, I found it easily in my file cabinet. But my file cabinet is a mess. So tonight I've been going through it. I'm ruthlessly throwing things out. Can you believe I have the first paycheck I ever got as a teacher? I didn't save it as a relic; I just save my pay stubs, and it was in there. Anyway, organizing this cabinet is going to free up some space, and since storage in this house is like one of those 9-tiles-with-one-empty-square puzzles, that'll help.
I messed up the Mom Cave big time. About a month ago, I set aside the paint to patch the Mom Cave. Yesterday, I decided to paint. (The guys who did the work had to put a big hole in the wall, then patch it, so there was about 1/3 of a whole wall that needed it.) Yeah, so I looked through my paints, found one that looked right, and painted. And it was a little darker, but I figured it would dry to match. It didn't. I cursed myself, realizing that the paint I had was actually the bathroom color. They're almost the exact same shade, but different tones -- a purplier vs/ a bluer.
I went back to the paint closet. I grabbed another can, and this time I stirred it carefully and held it up against the wall in the light. That one was definitely it. I painted the wall again. It wasn't it. It wasn't even almost the same shade; it was precisely the same shade. It was just a little more teal.
Sigh. Okay, fine, I prefer colors in one wee little part of the spectrum. Anyway, while I was in the garage getting our ten-year-old paperwork, I saw a small stack of two cans. Right in the damn open. In the WAY, in fact. The cans I had carefully picked out and set aside.
I guess what I'm saying is I'm a fuck-up, but I'm not a TOTAL fuck-up. I have the paint! I found the washer paperwork! I haven't gotten audited by the IRS, so I can throw away my 2002 tax paperwork! Can I get a whoo-hoo? I may not be organized, but I (eventually) get shit done.
No comments:
Post a Comment