Tuesday, December 22, 2020

Art & ennui

So, I've been wanting to art lately. What kind of art? Eh, I dunno. 

I want to sing, but when? Where? Not in a choir or with a band, surely-in-these-times. Not in my house where I'm self-conscious about annoying my loved ones*. Not in the garage which is cold and where I could be heard by my street's many walkers. And the other day I tried to sing a bit and couldn't get the note I was looking for, so probably I can't sing at all anymore. Also, I can't play any instruments that one sings along to, so I'd have to probably learn guitar or something first. No time.

I want to use my encaustics materials to make art, but what if it is bad? What if I make a mess? What if I make art and it is awful and then I feel bad about it taking up space? 

I want to write, but ugh. I don't feel inspired. I mean, I'm mainly using this blog as a way to occasionally force myself to sit and type things sometimes, and I appreciate the 5-6 of you who are regularly reading it. But as you can see, I have very little of import to say, and I'm not sure the way I see the world is very interesting right now. 

And also, there is a mess to clean and six-year-olds to make snacks for, and a cat on my lap, so I just don't have any forward momentum. 

Bleh. Poo. 

In other news, my hummingbird feeder is lively, and one even -- at last! -- sat on the little hummingbird swing very briefly. 


*Not that singing in general annoys them, but the kind of singing where you practice the same song over and over to try to get it right -- I think that might be annoying. 



2 comments:

-blessed b9, Catalyst4Christ said...

[gulp]
Is ennui like an eel??
barrph-O-ramma...
+ en.gravatar.com/MatteBlk +
-GBY

-blessed b9, Catalyst4Christ said...

tok2me, pops.
WassamataU??