I thought it was funny yesterday when I noticed that I whistle fairly regularly while walking down the halls of school, but what I whistle is pretty unusual stuff for the halls of a junior high school in the hood. Yesterdays playlist included Nirvana's "Nevermind," Sublime's "Date Rape," and Queen's "Bohemian Rhapsody."
I was experimenting with food tonight, and dinner was Chipotle polenta with greens and butternut squash. It was pretty good, but I wouldn't serve it to guests, because after it was all put together I noticed how similar in color and texture the polenta and squash were. Still, it was nicely spicy, and I added fake sausage to the greens.
I also got handy around the house. I needed a plate for the doorjamb to make my lock work, so I bought a light switchplate (yeah, YOU find the right hardware for doors installed in the 40s), jury-rigged it big time (broke several pieces off, hammered it flat), then drilled into my doorjamb and installed the damned thing. I also put picture wire on the back of a big mirror and hung it sideways (much more aesthetically pleasing than it was vertically).
Now I want popcorn, or something salty. Mmmm.
No comments:
Post a Comment