Friday, October 28, 2005

I do have stuff to do . . .

Yeah, I'm slacking for a moment. The kids are taking a test, so I have a few moments of quiet. I got to talk to Leafy Greens the other night, who is coming down this weekend.

There is still some stuff I really need/want to do that I haven't, like make up about 5 ballet classes, schedule a hair appointment (if you've noticed my roots lately, you're probably going "yes, PLEASE!"), clean up my office (my mom and Piggs are definitely saying "please"), fold and put away my laundry, re-hang my kitchen light (it didn't last), and a few other domestic things.

Some other things I really want to do include play my bass more often (I think I could be a lot better if I were just of that teenage boy mentality -- you know, capable of spending hours every day on one activity), write more poetry, maybe do NaNoWriMo this year (it's hard to decide -- I don't really know if I have another story in me), sing with my school buddies (they invited me to "jam" with them yesterday, and I had fun -- I got that universal raised-eyebrow-of-acceptance for my singing), write more songs, make Halloween costumes for the Lankees (don't ask), make sourdough bread (I captured WILD YEAST to make a starter!), cook some nice cold-weather soups . . .

Okay, the natives are getting restless. Gotta go.

By the way, happy 1 year anniversary of shared residency to my punkinhead.
--CM

No comments: