Sorry I've been busy lately -- brother's Sandan, teaching workshop, poetry reading, various school meetings, teaching 7th period -- but there have been a couple things I'm ruminating on.
This next few months will see my one year wedding anniversary, my four year home-ownership-aversary, my cat's fourth birthday, my three-years-of-sweetie-aversary, my sixth year of teaching under my belt, 4 1/2 years since the breast reduction, four years back in ballet (as of this month, actually), two years since getting my M.A., two years since my mom retired, over 5 years with the Gynas...
I mean, Dang. It's all such good stuff, and it makes me feel all grown up and settled and secure and happy and funny all at the same time.
By the way, last night I think I came close to being the first person ever thrown out of our ballet class for smelling appetizing. I reeked of roasted leeks (which I had both prepared and eaten), and the girls all agreed that it smelled delicious, but I don't think the deliciousness of your body odor is necessarily a good thing. Of course, after that I had a really good class, earning THREE compliments (which are hard to come by), but then at the end we did a grand jete ending in attitude (a big old jump landing on one foot with the other one bent up behind you), and my vertebrae compacted like two sections of cootie plugging into one another.
1 comment:
I am sorry to hear that you suffered a back injury of sorts, but damn if that picture of the Cooties isn't the coolest thing I have seen in ages and ages. I'm also excited at all the good things that you have coming up! Go relationships! Hurray MAs! Rah rah breast reduction! Sounds fantastic~
Post a Comment