So I went out looking at houses yesterday, and found one I really liked. Sweetie and I went back today and met our agent, and I think tomorrow morning we're going to write up an offer. Wowsers, huh?
Just because we're bidding doesn't mean we'll get it. All kinds of things can happen, including just being out-bid. And that would be fine. (Well, I'd be realyl disappointed, but I'd get over it and we'd keep looking.) But I'll tell you a little about it. First, the location is awesome. It's basically between Trader Joe's and Corti Bros. off Folsom Blvd, a very short distance from most of my favorite eateries, light rail, mom's house, and Sweetie's work. It's also close to the freeway. It would definitely make our lives a lot more walking friendly. Also, the entire time we were there, no other cars drove down the street! It was so quiet! It's not that much bigger than this place -- only 1300 sq feet -- but it has a two-car garage, the yard is nicely landscaped, the kitchen looks really workable, there's an inside laundry room, two bathrooms, a fireplace, a 2-car garage... maybe best of all is that it's not a fixer-upper. Yeah, there are things here and there that I'd probably want to do, but there's nothing that I walked in and was like "well, this is horribly ugly, and this is broken/rotten/outdated..." Nothing. There's even new paint, nice crown moulding, the fans are all new. The things that'll probably be the big investments are that in a few years it will likely need a new roof and new heat/AC. But that's in a few years, and now that we've dealt with the heat and air thing, we realize it's not that big a deal. It has two bedrooms on the south side of the house separated by a bathroom (a nice big one with a separate shower and tub). Both rooms have big closets (not walk-ins, but nevertheless bigger than we have here). The bathroom has cool old-school pink tile with maroon around the edge. The whole place has wood floors. The living room has an entertainment center thing built in, so no need to clutter up the place with a big unit. (Hehe. I said unit.) The third bedroom is panelled in real wood (not cheapo 1/4" panelling like in our place now), and has two doors, one to the hall nearest the smaller bedroom and the other to the dining area, so it'll probably be the office. It has windows that overlook the backyard. The dining area is very small, but there's also ample room in the kitchen for a table, so I might just put our table in there. The living room is a little long, so I might make it two areas -- TV watching area and fireplace sitting-and-talking area. All of this is speculative, of course -- that's IF we get it. =) I know I'm not doing a very good job of not getting my hopes up.
Anyway, I've had a good couple of days. I've gotten a lot done around the house, I got to jam with drummergirl and my uncle and his friend, the house thing looks promising... Yep, everything is great, and tomorrow I have baklava and peaberry coffee for breakfast, then we write up an offer! Tuesday I meet with our selling agent to talk about listing this place. Holy cow -- it was only two weeks ago that we were still just talking and thinking about all this stuff happening!
Wish us luck. This is a very different market than when I bought this place, so I can't really say how it will go. The first time, I wrote a bid, then it took about a week of back and forth counter-offers and running to Kinko's with faxes and whatnot. I don't know if it'll take the same time, longer... well, who knows. Que sera, sera, right?
Take care,
CM
No comments:
Post a Comment