Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Oh, so tired!

I wanted to provide you with lengthy posts filled with details about the last week or so's activities, but I'm sleepy and lazy, so I'm going with summaries.

Wednesday: Mom and I met Monkeygirl for lunch, then did some shopping (for baby stuff). Nice lunch, too.

Thursday: Had my first doctor's appointment, saw ultrasound pics, had a glucose test & blood work (all normal), then went to Dad's to tell him. That night, Sweetie and I went to dinner (the Maloufs are happy for us, too), then I had band practice.

Friday: Sweetie and I went to S.F. Had a great day -- took BART in from Berkeley, which meant I didn't have to drive. We did some shopping, ate at King of Thai, went to the Haight, then BARTed back to the car. It took 3 hours to get home, 'cause traffic almost never got above 20 mph. Lord knows why.

Saturday: I met some friends from an online forum at the zoo. We had a great time, and one of them brought me a HUGE box of maternity clothes, so now I don't have to shop much.

Sunday: Mom and I started dismantling the closets. The closet dudes are coming Friday, and we have to take the clothes out, take the shelves down, patch, prime, and paint. In two closets, mind you. And frankly, I'm not being that much of a help, because I'm not supposed to breathe paint fumes. I've been sanding and resting and taping and resting and cleaning and resting. Mom's a dynamo, though. She got the first coat of primer done today.

Monday & Tuesday: I've had work meetings from 9-4 (and another tomorrow). They're fruitful, so I don't feel resentful, but I am tired and wish I could be more help at home with stuff.

Okay, sorry for the brevity (you're probably breathing a sigh of relief, actually). Take care,
CM

1 comment:

Alex Elliot said...

Glad to hear that the appointment went well.