Saturday, November 05, 2005

Muppets rule

Well, it's 9:18 on Saturday and our guests have all left, so it was a short night, but a good one. We watched three episodes of the first season of the Muppet Show. Guests included Joel Grey and Connie Stevens. Yeah.

I had forgotten so much of what made the show great. The ballroom dancing scenes with the corny jokes, the backstage scenes, the in-jokes ("Those don't look like the Temptations!" "They're not, they're the Mutations!" and "What's an amoeba anyway?" "I don't know, I'm not from around here either."). The goofy performance art: "Gonzo the Great will now eat a tire to 'Flight of the Bumblebees.'"

We had delicious ice cream sundaes, with caramel, hot fudge sauce, strawberry sauce, whipped cream, crushed almonds, and marashino cherries. At times during the show we laughed so hard we drowned out the next joke.

Now I'm watching the episode with Ruth Buzzi. Good times.

I'm still NaNoWriMoing, although I'm already terribly behind. Ah well.

1 comment:

Alicia Patrice said...

i wanna come over next time!