Busy, finished tiling the dining room counter (gave me evil ideas of doing all the kitchen counters), no computer at work, moved classrooms . . .
Had a great lunch/walk/cold beverage and danish with a friend I haven't seen in 15 years. I didn't even realize I was old enough to have a friend I hadn't seen in 15 years. She lives in the Bay area, and we had a great time. I can't believe that the goofy snaggletoothed blond who came and rescued me from my lonely isolation of playing Chinese jumprope with the Laotian girls at recess is still basically the same smart, funny person whose company I so enjoyed as a kid. Had a great time, hope to see her again soon.
In driving down there, I passed a sign that pointed to "Historic Downtown Vacaville." Now I know how it feels to have your hometown wrongly accused of being small-time and sleepy, but seriously, here is a city whose name is literally "Cow Town," whose current main attraction is an outlet mall, and whose long-standing attraction prior to that was an orchard-based theme park that primarily consisted of a bakery, a gift store and a tiny train. Historic Downtown Vacaville indeed! But I do miss the Nut Tree . . .
No comments:
Post a Comment