I saw "Closer" last night. I was lukewarm on seeing it in the first place, but then a couple people I trust mentioned they hadn't liked it, so it sat around for about a month before I finally got to it. Anyway, here's the summary: beautiful people treating each other horribly with long lapses in time that are pretty much unexplained.
I've added a bunch of documentaries to my Netflix queue lately. I have Capturing the Friedmans, Murderball, The Fog of War, Winged Migration, Born into Brothels, Grizzly Man, Rock School, Mad Hot Ballroom, The Eyes of Tammy Faye, and The Filth and the Fury all awaiting my viewing pleasure. It's funny -- if you asked me if I was a big documentary fan, I'd probably say no, but I do like them and watch them fairly regularly. I just saw "Spellbound," too.
I might go to a show tonight. I really like going to shows, and I especially like the Knockoffs (who are playing tonight), and I never go out anymore. It's not that Sweetie discourages me. He always says I should go. I just most of the time am tired and WANT to stay home. Sad, huh? If I do go, it'll be right after ballet, so I'll be not just tired but sweaty and tired. Fun. But I still might. It starts at 8 and there's a $3 cover, which pretty much eliminates all my complaints about shows starting too late and costing too much. Well, we'll see.
6 comments:
If you decide to go call me perhaps I will join you, I will be wet and drippy from swimming, it will be fun, two old broads out on the town...woo-hoo! Glad you found Closer blah as well, I hated those pretty people. I to have added mucho documentaries, we should make up a documentary night and have pot luck and watch some!
Documentary night sounds strangely fun! I'll call you tonight. I think I'm leaning toward going, but of course I always seem to lean less the longer my day has been, and 5 1/2 hours from now it might be a different story. The show's at Red Square yogurt shop on Alhambra.
Cool...I know docu night sounds like lots of fun actually. I envision watching that guy get eaten in Grizzly man while noshing on yummy eats!
I loved "closer". Yes it is pretty people treating each other like kaka with a really good soundtrack, but the scene with Clive Owen telling off Julia Roberts is classic.
I saw Mad Hot Ballroom, which was OK, and Born into Brothels, which I was prepared to dislike (I had heard that it is as much about Zana the Filmmaker Saving the Poor Brown Children as it is about the kids), but I found it very affecting. (Whenever I bitch about how women are treated here, I think about situations like that all over Asia and the Middle East, and feel even worse.)
Boy did I hate Closer. I only watched it in random bits too. Although I have to say, the bit with Clive Owens telling off Horsehead was good, as was the one were Owens and Jude Law having cybersex. Although the best cybersex scene ever was in "You and Me and Everyone We Know."
Also any statement that includes pretty people to describe Julia Roberts aka Horsehead is factually incorrect.
I've seen some of those documentaries. My wife liked Eyes of Tammy Faye, but I missed it. Capturing The Friedmans is incredibly good and incredibly disturbing.
Post a Comment