Apparently today she had a verbal mini-revolution.
She pointed at Mom, then herself, and said "girl, girl" and then said "Mommy girl."
She can now say "wheel."
She said "Bye bye Boompah."
She said "Mama school." (My mom always tells her "Mama's at school with the kids.")
Also, I took her for ice cream tonight. I have given her chocolate before, and she's eaten it like a starving Berserker, but tonight I got her strawberry to see if she liked it. She said "no no" to the strawberry and asked for water instead. She's my kid, I think.
She says some stuff she clearly doesn't know she's saying. "Agape" (divine love), "Miyagi" (sensei to the Karate Kid), "Darry" (eldest of the Curtis brothers in The Outsiders), and "umami" (the Japanese word for one of the five tastes).
On the word front, the other day she moved her favorite chair into the hall. Later, I was carrying her and couldn't see over her to my feet. I tripped over the chair and said "shit!" She immediately said "shit shit shit!" I said "that's right -- we SIT in the chair. Sit." For crying out loud - she's been trying to say "sit" for 6 weeks and still only can say "sss," but she can say "shit" with no practice at all.
Okay, I think that's it. Take care, all.
2 comments:
That's one word I forgot to tell you about...she actually did say "sit" several times today.
Heh heh. It always works that way.
Post a Comment