Tuesday, May 12, 2009

The park and stuff


IMG_0023
Originally uploaded by countmockula

Not much going on right now. We used the bike trailer to go to the park. She's not crazy about the trailer. I hope she gets used to it.

Tonight she kept wanting to follow the big kids around, and they were going up this ladder a lot. She tried, but just managed to get her legs through. Still, she said "Whee!"

She now has four molars. She's saying new words so quickly I can't keep up with them. Notable ones of late are: stick, kick, kid, help, up, down, out, book, apple, ring, purse, shoe, potty, sit, ride, and to my shame, Elmo and TV. (Some of those she had tried before, but they're much clearer now, like apple, which finally sounds like apple instead of ap-ap!)

She's obsessed with letters, and points to them and says "E." If we correct her and say J or D or whatever, she really tries to say them, too.

I made her a scrapbook of her family in the Pacific Northwest. Last night she kissed everyone's picture and tried really hard to say Maryam (Mee-am).

And there is your Zadie update!

3 comments:

BC said...

Google SanDisk Sansa Shaker. Take off the headphones, don't pay more than $20 for the 512 mg version, and voila, she has an in-trailer MP3 player of her very own. That's how we got Penny to like the trailer, and she still uses it on every ride. I have one card with sleep music and one card with bouncier stuff.

Warning: do not put anything on it that you don't want to listen to in distant, tinny mono.

Count Mockula said...

Thanks, Beth! I ordered it today.

Anonymous said...

OH..auntie maryam is so excited for her visit... counting down the days~! She can call me whatever she wants.

I get to have my other most favorite niece over this weekend for a weekend of spoiling... a little late for her birthday...but she is excited. I can't wait to spoil Zadie...