This morning, she has been dry since she got up (almost 4 hours), so I gave her a cookie I'd just made, then I went back into the kitchen. A moment later, I heard her sobbing. I came back out and found her clutching a crumbled cookie, absolutely bereft. She was sad she'd broken her cookie. I told her it was okay, and that it happens so often there's a saying for it: that's the way the cookie crumbles!
Yesterday I had on green glittery eyeshadow to be festive for our winter event in the morning. Zadie sat on my lap and poked my eye excitedly. "What's that!? What's that!?" I said "My eyeball, quit poking it!" She poked again and said "What's that!?" I remembered and said "Oh, it's glitter eyeshadow." She somewhat wistfully replied "I love you, glitter eyeshadow."
For her birthday, her Grandpa and Grandma Tia got her a light-up, musical flowerpot. From the beginning, we couldn't get it to work. We changed the batteries, looked for a power cord, and nothing. But Z loves it anyway. Sweetie decided to give it another try the other day. As he was unscrewing the battery panel, I said "I just don't think it's going to work." Zadie said "It works. It works. I fix it. It needs batteries. You gotta shake it real hard." (Incidentally, my dad and Tia came over last night and located the well-camoflauged button, so it works now.)
We've been giving one-minute time-outs when she's been really naughty (usually when she's doing something dangerous and won't listen). A couple nights ago, she hauled off and smacked me in the face. I said "Zadie! We don't hit people. If you hit again, you're going to have a time-out." She whacked me again, then slid off my lap and ran to the time-out chair and climbed up, exclaiming "I got a time-out!"
Last night we were having "Enchilada-inspired polenta pie." Sweetie said "I don't think you've been eating, because you don't have a messy face." She dipped her finger into some polenta and dabbed it delicately into her cheek.
During Sweetie's days with her (he was Mr. Mom three days this week), apparently she told him "I love eating." Every time he asked her what she wanted to eat, no matter what meal or snack, she answered "eggs." He made eggs one day and asked her how many olives she wanted. She said "eight."
Okay, I have to wrap it up, because she wants to watch "videos of Zadie."
1 comment:
"I love you glitter eyeshadow."
A girl after my own heart. :)
Post a Comment