First, we've been telling her about what we will do on Christmas. On Christmas eve, we are going to Uncle Mickey's house. Just now she said "We're going to Uncle Mickey's house. He will be funny. I will laugh at him." Pretty likely, actually.
Also, she's really into stories. She likes longer ones with plots now. Not too long ago (I might have already blogged this), we were reading a Frog and Toad story, and at the point where Toad was on his way to rescue Frog, she yelled "Frog, I'm coming to help you!" She also starts her own stories with "Once upon a time." She can recite a fair chunk of "The Owl and the Pussycat." She really likes "Today Was a Terrible Day." At the end, the teacher writes the main character a note saying that the next day is going to be a good day. Zadie now tells me that tomorrow is going to be a "good day. Happy day."
Also, we just might be potty training. I wasn't planning on trying until after Christmas, but on Thursday and Friday, she just happened to be dry every time Mom changed her. Mom asked whether she wanted to use the potty, and most of the time, she has been saying no. But both days, each time, she said yes. Today she wore "big girl panties" all morning until naptime. She's in a diaper now, but I'd say that's real progress!
No comments:
Post a Comment