Nah, we didn't convert to Judaism. I just like to expose Z to a variety of ideas. So we made latkes and played virtual dreidel. Anyway, I have long had some sort of mental block about making fried potatoes. I have tried various hash browns, breakfast potatoes, and potato pancakes on several occasions, but I always end up with wet, raw potatoes in the middle and greasy cooked potatoes on the outside. So not only did I carefully follow a recipe, I watched a video!
They. Were. Awesome.
In fact, because of my constant weight-watching, I had determined that I would only eat two, but I had three-and-a-half! They were so darn good. Crispy, not greasy, cooked through, and soft and delicious.
I made a side salad with the famous Paragary's mushroom salad on mixed greens.
I don't really know where to get gelt or anything, so I think that's about the end of our Hanukkah. But I did tell her the story of the Maccabees, so there's that.
Hope you're all well and enjoying the season, whatever you celebrate.
2 comments:
You could always get together with your Gingerbread Pals and make a Temple or something. ;)
TNWINEB
As Larry the Cable Guy Says.
"NOW, THAT THAR IS FUNNY!".
BowSaw62
Post a Comment