Okay, I only have a minute here, but I'm facing some interesting changes. First, I had a class that was two periods long, and we were really hitting a wall every day, about twenty minutes into the second class, where they were just no longer interested in learning. I talked to another teacher and he agreed to swap classes with me, so I'm getting a whole new group of students and cutting my time with the old ones by half. Our hope is that because they get to change classrooms and teachers, they'll be more likely to pay attention longer. Another benefit is that we get to split up the curriculum somewhat, so he teaches grammar and writing and I teach lit and reading comprehension. It's an interesting experiment.
The other change is that I'm going to try a new form of exercise -- capoeira, a Brazilian martial art/dance. I'm not giving up ballet, this will be in addition to it, but speaking of hitting walls, I'm still improving in ballet and I still have a long way to go, but I'm not sure I'm getting the kind of well-rounded workouts I need. Like, I'm not gaining much arm strength, and although there's some cardiovascular, there's not as much as I suspect there will be in capoeira. Whoops, there's the bell!
Bye now.
No comments:
Post a Comment