Everything's been going swimmingly lately! My mom bought me a new fireplace screen for Xmas which makes the living room look so much better. I wanted to get rid of the old one, along with a large dog pen that was taking up space in the backyard, so I posted them on Freecycle.org, and was rid of them both in less than 24 hours. The dog pen was especially a relief, because I couldn't get it out through the gate and didn't have the proper tools to disassemble it. But it's gone now! I also made a new friend at school and we're going to the movies. And finally, Piggs and I bought a KING size bed, so now I don't have to sleep like Count Dracula anymore (arms crossed over my chest). I still managed to get an elbow into his back last night somehow. But damn, did I ever sleep well! It was really comfy, and for an early birthday present Mom got me flannel sheets. It was heaven, I swear . . . The bed is so huge that after Piggs got up this morning, I kind of turned around and slept sideways on the thing for a while. We also have a real live guest room with a double bed now, which makes me feel like a total grown-up. Okay, I have a lot of work to do here at school, because the kids are damn near ready to strangle one another (the Norteno-Sureno activity in the neighborhood has amped up recently, and the bad energy has spread to the kids). But everything's great around these parts! And more fun stuff is a-coming -- an ice skating date, a weekend in Santa Cruz, a birthday party for me, a birthday tapas date with my Dad . . . Yay!
No comments:
Post a Comment