I know I've been blogging occasionally about what's going on in the house. I won't bore you with all the details, but in the last year, we've painted every room but the bathroom and kitchen (including the hall), torn out the old carpet and all the wainscoting, re-surfaced the walls where the wainscoting was, laid down about 850 sq ft of laminate flooring and all the trim, and done a BUNCH of smaller projects, like having fans installed, replacing light fixtures, hanging curtain rods, etc. Well, this week, I went a step further. I messed with electricity! Twice!
First, some outlets in the living room had blown -- two of the three had stopped working at the same time, then one started working again, so we were doing the ever-so-white-trash extention cord to the entertainment center deal. Then the other one briefly started working and quit again. Then the working one quit, too. I discussed it with my mom, and she said it sounded like a short. I bought new outlets for both, then, under her supervision, took out the old ones and replaced them. They WORKED!!!!! I fixed electrical outlets!
Using my newfound powers (and feeling enormous pressure to clean up my office, which was littered, in part, by a box containing a light fixture kit), I decided to install the light fixture kit on the ceiling fan in there. The directions were pretty clear, but I didn't have the "handy-snap" wires or whatever they're called in the fan, so I had to strip the casing off the light kit wires and use those yellow things to connect them. It totally worked! So now, instead of coming in to the office every evening to put my purse down, flipping the light switch (for a nice breeze and total darkness), and thinking "Gawd, how many times am I going to do that?!?!" I will flip the switch and simply have light. In fact, it's on right now just so I can celebrate.
1 comment:
HOME IMPROVEMENT GURU YOU ARE! WOO HOO! DIY RULES
Post a Comment