Saturday, March 24, 2007

Amused by simple things

One of my oldest friends used to say "Don't be amused by simple things." It was when he'd catch me, you know, winding up the chattering teeth in the novelty shop, that sort of thing. Now he's a zen master and denies ever saying it, but he used to say it ALL the time. Anyway, I've always been sort of the antithesis of that. I'm totally amused by simple things. I had a fantastic day today, all because of simple things.

I read the paper and ate baklava and drank coffee.
I folded the laundry and put it away.
I watched an episode of Deadwood.
I cleaned the house a bit.
I went to ballet and stayed for two hours, and I did a series of really great double pirouettes.
I've lost four pounds and I'm feeling cute.
I got a non-fat iced latte at Tupelo and a hot soy latte for sweetie.
I rode my bike (with the pink streamers and the basket and the bell) and looked at people's landscaping and rang my bell at the other girls on bikes and the families and had TWO people ring their bells back at me.
I barbecued tofu and asparagus and we also had salad and artichokes, and we ate outside and I had a Stewart's diet Orange and Cream soda and everything was delicious.
Last night when we went to Maloof's, Abdul gave us another, extra, piece of baklava for us to "fight over." We're sharing it later.

See how easy it is to make me happy?

No comments: