Friday, March 30, 2007

Update-alicious

Well, I've been pretty busy. We're leaving tomorrow at 6am for Eugene, Oregon to see the family! I'm excited -- it's been way too long since we've seen them. I bought chains for the car, I changed insurance companies, we bought snacks for the car ride, I loaded CDs into the car, I packed my clothes, got all my grading done, and Reza cleaned the house quite thoroughly! We are staying in Euguene every night except Wednesday, and Wednesday we'll be in Portland. Tonight I have to clean the car a bit, but then otherwise I'm ready.

I had my first computer class last night. While we worked on creating folders and moving things between them, I created a Powerpoint with animation and timings that included a picture of me holding a tray of hors d'oeuvres and a creepy pic I stole off Flickr of someone holding popcorn. The theme was "I'm hungry." During the class, a woman in her 50s asked what a scanner was. I saw two people's bras, too. One young lady had a very thin t-shirt on, and her bra was totally visible. Another older woman was wearing a crocheted top with a fairly open weave. Am I becoming prudish?

We were in the import grocery store near our house earlier, and I heard someone asking what a samosa was. A few minutes later, someone else was asking how to pronounce "basmati." What are people eating? Pimento loaf and Wonderbread?

The Brilliant Idea is going well -- still primarily in the planning stages, but it's a good plan. We'll see how much I get done while we're gone. (I always anticipate more free time than we really have.)

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

I can't wait to hear more about Brilliant Idea. And have a great time on vacay!