Friday, March 02, 2007

If I taught sex ed.


My Classroom, I
Originally uploaded by Robert Pollack.
I would tell the kids that masturbation is normal.

I would tell the kid that loving someone is best, but if you can't wait for love, at least you have to really TRUST the person you're with.

I would tell them about all the safe sex methods, including dental dams and finger condoms, and then I would tell them that it's important to use all this stuff from the very beginning -- don't let anbody tell you "Let's just do [i]this[/i] for a minute, and THEN we'll use safe sex methods."

There's more, but those are probably some of the reasons I would not be a good sex ed teacher. Well, I'd be GREAT, but fired.

5 comments:

super des said...

People can't handle the truth. But if anyone was allowed to listen to you, they'd come out all the better for it.

Why don't they let younger teachers teach sex ed? In my experience it was only old bittys that nobody wanted to hear about sex from.

Suzanne said...

Really. You would be so much more effective. I think that's what people fear.

Anonymous said...

a nun taught me sex ed in high school. we learned that we can get pregnant is someone ejaculated on our jeans because the sperm would swim through the material up into our vaginas. oh yeah, and every penis was diseased. i didn't even want to be in the same room as a penis let alone a naked one!

Anonymous said...

um that was ...pregnant if someone

Alex Elliot said...

Isn't that was sex ed is supposed to teach? I really don't get people.