Friday, March 23, 2007

Updates, mainly good


Comedy and Tragedy
Originally uploaded by Jckklly.
Well, we found a place to hide all our play stuff -- sets, costumes and everything. So glad I have a master key, 'cause I'm SURE no one would want me storing them with the *gasp* graduation robes.

On the schedule front, my friend/IB coordinator is as committed to making sure the schedule is fair for me as I am to making sure it's fair for others. He's being creative, and has several ideas. So that's cool.

It looks as though this month has been another waste of prenatal vitamins, but I did have a cool moment last night. A little background -- my uncle owns a business, and the guys we play music with are business associates of his. One of them, Matt, is an engineer. He's a great guitarist, and shortly after we met, we realized his wife is a friend of mine from years back. Well, my uncle and the arrythmic drummer often drink and smoke pot during our band practice. Sometimes I'll have a drink, and other times I won't. Matt usually has a drink, but doesn't go out and smoke with them. So often, the two of us end up talking and waiting. As it turns out, he used to smoke pot, too, but quit out of deference for his wife, because they're trying to get pregnant, too, and she says if SHE can't smoke, neither can he. I shared that we're trying, too, which is why I don't always drink (depends on the time in my cycle). So we have this sort of bond going on. Well, last night was a no drinking night, and in fact, I brought myself some orange soda. They started to pour a shot for me and I said "oh, no thanks." Usually, that's the end of it. But last night, the arrythmic drummer was like "Aw, come on." I said "No, I'm cool." He sort of screwed up his eyes and said "why aren't you drinking?" And Matt pipes up "That's none of your fuckin' business." The arrythmic drummer continues "Wait, do you think you might be having a baby?" Now Matt actually looks pissed, and he says "That's even MORE none of your fuckin' business." I kind of joked it off to defuse the tension -- something about my uncle being in the room and him not knowing I have sex. But I really appreciated it. I guess they've been trying for like four years, so he's used to it. It kind of cracked me up, though.

No comments: