Friday, April 20, 2007

Funky coincidence

Hey Robert Au, if you Google yourself, I hope this entertains you. You made me a mix CD years ago when we worked together, and I liked it enough to rip several songs to my computer. Then I put the CD away in my big binder of CDs and forgot about it. A few weeks ago, I switched all the CDs in my car holder to new ones, and decided the new car CDs would all be mixes. Yours made the cut. So I was driving down Broadway tonight listening to it (the cover of Bonnie Tyler's "Holding Out for a Hero" was on), and I saw a car heading west (I was going east). It was a yellow VW Beetle, and because I look at these sort of things, I noticed the license number began "5AFR0." "Ha!" I thought, "Five afro, just like Robert's old license plate!" And I looked up and there was a slight little Asian man in the driver's seat wearing a Panama hat. I didn't get a good look, but I'll bet it was you. So, Robert Au, you were the object of some weird synchronicity tonight, and you didn't even know it. Happy Googling, Robert Au of the Sacramento / Elk Grove area.

No comments: