One of the tests I'm supposed to have has to happen between days 8 and 12. The day of our class was day 2, so the nurse said to call right away to schedule my test. Normally you have to call on day 1, and it was already after hours on day 2, so I was already pushing my luck. But by day 4 when I hadn't gotten a call back, I called, and they said "Oh, we haven't gotten your paperwork from the main clinic." I call the main clinic Friday afternoon and she says she'll check on it. I get a message today that they've re-sent the paperwork and called to make sure the other clinic has it. I call other clinic and listen to their craptastic music and information, then get cut off. I call again and get a woman whose English language skills are somewhat less than fluent. (But hey, she speaks at least one more language than me, right?) She at first says they don't have my paperwork, which is about to piss me off, because I've just been assured that they do, so I say "That is not accurate. I just got a message saying that you do." She puts me on hold to check, and ta-da, it's there. But then, between the two of us, we can't seem to agree on how many days EIGHT is, and I'm on this fucking phone call for 20 minutes before she offers me a test on day fifteen. She had to motherfucking ASK me if this was Monday. Anyway, because the call was 20 minutes long, we were having this discussion as the kids filtered in to my class for 5th period. I decided that I was not going to be able to break the language barrier in time to get an appointment in the next three days in the afternoon. So it's going to have to wait until next month.
If there's a bright side, it's that I'm really busy this week anyway. If there's another bright side, it's that the test often temporarily boosts your fertility, and I'm going to be all fertile this month while in a tent in the cold hundreds of miles away from my husband. So we'll save it for next month when it might have a positive impact. So far, 2007 has been nothing but missed chances, this-wise. (Everything else is fine.)
1 comment:
You should learn what language that person speaks, and then practice those few key phrases that you need in your time "off."
Post a Comment