I admit it: I LOVE Christmas. I have a tree, decorated with all the ornaments I've been given over the years. I have stockings -- I ordered one with Zadie's initial on it this year. I baked cookies and made candy. I sent out cards. We've been playing Christmas music. We have lights on the house. There is a display of nutcrackers on the mantel. The tree has presents overflowing from underneath it. I've made a few crafts. I've been trying to teach Zadie to say "ho ho ho." There is an angel on the TV. I watched "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" last night. Total, utter, geeked-out-ness. I'm so happy it's finally here! (I know it's only Christmas Eve, but two parts of my family celebrate together today, so it's as good as here.
After all the destruction Zadie has committed under the tree, it'll be funny if she isn't interested in opening her presents. She's so far torn off a bow and a ribbon and a card, opened a present of her own, brought me one of my presents from inside a gift bag, and torn the paper on two gifts.
The sleeping thing is still improving. Two nights ago she cried for 20 minutes, then woke once in the night. Last night she cried for 25 minutes, but didn't wake at all. On average, she's getting just less than ten hours a night, which is much better than the 8 1/2 she was getting, so I know we've made a good decision. We're, uh, still working on the nap situation.
Okay, lots to do this morning. Have a great holiday yourself, if you celebrate, and if not, enjoy The Wire (or whatever). =)
Love to all,
CM
No comments:
Post a Comment