when THIS is the scene waiting at home! Come on, who wouldn't want to go home to jammies, the tree, the husband, the baby, the cookie-baking, the merry-making, the drummer-boy-singing, the presents... Sigh. I swear, it's 8:52 and it already feels like I've been here for HOURS. I'm contemplating a bathroom run just for something to do.
Last night was a lot of fun. I'll post pictures later, but we had my Dad and stepmom over for dinner for his birthday. I made enchiladas and then Dad played with the baby. Sometimes she cries around him, so it was really gratifying to see them having fun together.
Today is my annual "poetry cafe" at school. The kids have to recite poems that they've memorized for beaucoup points, but as a reward I provide cookies and, this year, instant cappucino. I'm not sure how I feel about instant cappucino, but it's a treat for the kids. Now just let the time pass quickly!!
No comments:
Post a Comment