Sunday, December 06, 2009

Fun weekend!

Friday: Work, then Christmas home tour, then Chinese food, then home.

Yesterday: breakfast at Orphan*, Costco run, Santa's Toy Shop stop**, Mixed Bag,*** Art Beast, home, nap, jog/walk****, snacks, cleaning, grocery run, made lasagna, Jenny came over, we got 1/2 our Christmas stuff up, played some Guitar Hero, drank cocoa.

Today: made waffles, put other 1/2 of Christmas stuff up, Trader Joe's and Co-op run, Z's nap, then later, dinner with Mom. Whew!

*Our favorite server, Amy, wasn't there. Zadie called "Aaaaamyyyyy, where aaaarreee youuuuuu?"
** She wasn't into having Santa read her a story, but she did want to run around the "shop" and play hide and seek. Santa was game.
***I finally found an ornament I liked for Mom, but I was holding one of the other contenders, and Zadie REALLY liked it. She insisted Grandma needed a "red one." So we got both.
**** I have completed week one of "Couch to 5k."

IMG_0393
One of the cutest displays on the home tour.

IMG_0395
Digging in at Orphan -- she had already eaten eggs and bacon, and I gave her potatoes and bread from my plate.

IMG_0396
I failed my restraint roll at Costco (only gamers will likely get that).

IMG_0402
Santa chasing Zadie.

IMG_0400
They gave her a juice box, which was probably the highlight of her week.

IMG_0415
In the play kitchen at Artbeast.

IMG_0406
Coloring.

IMG_0796
Decorating.

IMG_0799
More decorating.

IMG_0800
All done!

P.S.
IMG_0805
This year with the wooden bead garland.

IMG_2358
Last year with the wooden bead garland.

2 comments:

Dee said...

Congrats on your C25k! If you don't already have a program, try listening to Chubby Jones' podcast. She plays great music and talks you through the runs. She's also pretty hot which doesn't hurt at all ;)

dee

Count Mockula said...

Thanks, Dee! I'm using an iPhone application that I'm pretty happy with. It plays my own music, and times me and tells me "run" or "walk" when it's time.