Well, date night was lovely!
We saw Sherlock Holmes, and while it wasn't exactly what Arthur Conan Doyle probably envisioned, I quite enjoyed it. We did, however, see about 40 minutes worth of trailers, only one of which didn't foretell the decline of western civilization. It was, by complete coincidence, called "Date Night," and it starred Steve Carrel and Tina Fey, so there you go.
We also had a great dinner, although service was somewhat leisurely tonight. The waiter was quite nice, and when I asked him for a wine recommendation, he offered to bring me tastes of a couple. I ended up with a Spanish AlbariƱo, and thank goodness I didn't have to order it by name to get a second glass, since all I could think was "Armadillo? Amarillo? Amontillado? Armada? I couldn't have ordered a Spanish Armada, could I?"
Also, Sweetie and I talk frequently, but not for, like, 90 minutes straight. Frankly, I was a little worried that we'd default to talk about Zadie, but as it turns out, we're still best friends, and we had a lot to talk about.
Then we picked up the kiddo, who was full of energy, but I eventually got her to sleep.
Have a good night, all! I did.
No comments:
Post a Comment