Monday, February 08, 2010

Who's the boss?

We went to Fox and Goose for breakfast, mainly because I REALLY like going out for breakfast. Anyway, Zadie was more or less done, when she shrieked. I said "If you shriek again, we have to leave, and we're leaving your eggs and bacon here." She shrieked again. I bundled her up, she shoved another bite of bacon in, and we left.

Then, the whole way home, we had this conversation:
Z: I don't want to go bye-bye!
Me: Then you shouldn't have screamed.
Z: I don't want to go bye-bye!
Me: Then you made a bad decision, because I said if you screamed again, we would leave, and you screamed again.
Z: I don't want to go bye-bye!
Me: That is too bad. We went bye-bye because you screamed.

And variations on a theme for the rest of the ten-minute drive until just before we pulled into the grocery store lot, when she said," I don't want to go bye-bye... I'm the boss!"

No comments: