Well, I've lost almost ten pounds (my official weigh-in is tomorrow). Which is great! My fat pants are falling off my ass. On the other hand, I kind of looked at that number, ten, and compared it to the total number I want to lose, which is somewhere between 50 and a googolplex, and I just felt kind of discouraged.
Not discouraged enough to quit trying or to gorge myself on cookies for a weekend or anything. I'm still doing well and I'm making progress, and I feel good about that. But man, I have a long road ahead of me*. Especially considering that if I lose all the weight I want to, I still have to keep it off for, you know, the rest of my life. And I've shown before that I'm not good at portion control when I'm not accountable to something like Weight Watchers. I guess we had better hope it's still around in fifty years, so that I can still be counting points when I'm 84. I think after 84, if I feel like going into the Cheesecake Factory and ordering one of everything, I'm just going to go ahead and do it.
*I'm not telling you how much I have to lose, but I've lost ten pounds in 5 weeks. If I keep losing at this rate, it'll take me another 7 or 8 months to lose it all. And there's no guarantee I'll keep this rate up; many people hit a plateau at some point and weight loss slows down.
1 comment:
Good job lady!!! You ROCK!! YOU CAN DO IT.
Auntie M
Post a Comment