Thursday, August 04, 2005

Coupla things

Well, summer school's over, can you believe it? It hasn't been a very restful summer, but it has been a good one. I taught summer school (yay, money), laid most of the laminate flooring in the house (just one room to go), painted a couple rooms, went for training on the new program I'll be involved in at the new school, went rafting, went to Harbin (going again in a week), and best of all, got married. Of course, now that we're planning a reception, there's still a lot of stuff to do on that front, too.

I'm cutting back on caffeine, so we've been drinking half-caf. No big deal, really, only a couple minor headaches. But now I find that after my first cup, I really would like a second.

My fake syndrome has been giving me some trouble again lately. I thought of a good analogy (it's a little long, so bear with me): When I was about 8, I used to empty my grandma's junk drawer of all its pens, take each of them apart, down to the very springs and washers, and then put them back together. But sometimes there'd be a piece left over, or a spring on upside down, or something that didn't thread correctly . . . I feel a little like that -- that I was taken apart and put back together by an eight year old who just hid the leftover bits in the couch.

Guess that's it . . . bye.

1 comment:

gynagirl said...

What are your symptoms?