Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Cranky-headed


pour here
Originally uploaded by orangejack.
I'm not really that cranky, but I've sure been acting like it. I chewed out the IB kids big-time yesterday for a combination of not proofreading their papers (half the class) and not turning their papers in (the other half.) The kid I have decided is most likely to poison my water bottle today is the kid on whose paper I created a faux outline of his paper with comments like the following:
"The axolotls are buried alive and I felt like I was buried alive while reading this book." His was also the only paper on which I wrote "Arghh!!" and instead of using the traditional 'delete' editing mark, I crossed through it repeatedly and with a vengeance. He deserved it, though. He wrote "...the author is easily capable of bringing the lucky reader into their surreal experiences during the war." Lucky reader! How fucking glib is that?! I crossed out lucky with, let's see, approximately eleven cross-hatchings.

At lunch I found myself yelling "Freshmen! No yelling!"

And I am actually cranky about the $5 I spent in December to order candy for this kid's fundrasier. I'm certain that I ordered peanut-butter chocolate things, and he brought me a "Smiley-Lolligram" instead, saying that he had lost his order form, but he was "sure" that was what I ordered. Ingredeients: Sugar, Corn Syrup, Artificial Flavors, Citric Acid, Titanium Dioxide, FD&C Red #40, Blue #1, Yellow #5. 153 calories, 37 grams of sugar. It has a smiley-face on it, but the eyes are kind of smooshed. It comes with its own envelope and card. I'm considering sending it to someone I don't like. Possibly the kid who sold it to me.

Incidentally, as I was reading the ingredients, another kid asked be about it and I told him the little story and he said, "I remember that; I was in here that day at lunch. You did order chocolate. He's playing you!" I know -- imagine me ordering something that's NOT chocolate. C'mon.

No comments: