Saturday, May 20, 2006

New linoleum!


New linoleum!
Originally uploaded by countmockula.
Is it even finished yet? No. Was I in the kitchen taking a picture the instant my cousin said he was leaving to go to the store? Yes.

Isn't it great??? I know you wouldn't really have a basis for comparison unless you knew how completely dreadful the previous linoleum was, but I'm delighted! Yay linoleum!

The bad news this weekend is that my washer/dryer combo appears to have bitten the dust. Well, burst into flames, actually. In fact, let me just tell you now; get the full-size fire extinguisher. The little one only lasts for a few seconds. Also, have read the instructions first. I had, but otherwise I'd have been in trouble. So it looks like a new washer/dryer is in the works. Too bad, since I was hoping some of that savings would go towards other things, but what the hell. Having a side-by-side instead of the stacked dealie will look better in there, and maybe make the house look more appealing to buyers.

I've been trying not to look online at the house listings, because there are a couple things that have to get taken care of before we can even apply for a loan, but it would be REALLY, REALLY nice if we could get it done before we go to Hawaii and have good news when we return about how much we qualify for.

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

Holy smokes! Actually, I should not make bad jokes. I am glad that no one was hurt. That sounds really scary. Congrats on the new floor, though. I think the new linoleum looks lovely, although I admit my love of tackiness sort made the old stuff endearing to me.

Count Mockula said...

I wouldn't have hated the old linoleum quite so much if it weren't for the rest of the kitchen. There was a flowered light dome, a flowered border, dark cabinets, pinky-beige walls... and of course nothing matched or coordinated with anything else. It was just too much of everything.