Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Free beer, hot nights, irreverent jewelery.

That makes it sound much more exciting than it is. We had a crisper drawer entirely full of beer, because we have periodic dinner parties or party parties. What happens is that people bring a six pack of beer, then drink four and go home. So we have 2 Orange Blossom Cream Ales, 2 MGDs (possible dating back to Gynagirl's PBD days), 2 Sierra Nevadas, 2 ... well, you get the idea. So I took a grocery bag of beer over to our Harley Davidson neighbors and we chatted. I've done a lot more to the interior of my house than they have, but their backyard looks great!

Well, two weeks ago it was raining nearly non-stop. A week ago it was spring. Today it is summer. Yep, it was over 100 degrees when I got into my car after work, my sunglasses burned the side of my face, and my gum was melty. I held out on using the car AC until I was on the way to ballet, but then I needed it. Dude, it was 94 degrees!

I got a bracelet over the weekend. I was in a game store with the boys (the boys, in this case, were Sweetie, Toltec 1, and Toltec fils 1 and 2). Anyway, they have some novelty stuff in there, and I found those rubber band Livestrong-type bracelets that had stuff on them I liked -- Nihilism (I got it for sweetie), Irony (for me), Despair, Carnivore, all the 7 deadly sins. Hey, how often can you get a literary device on a bracelet, and have it be sort of accurate, too? I, however, at least have the decency to feel guilty about it when someone asks what's on there. Sweetie thinks it's funny. My .40 on the dollar went to some guy who lives in his parents' basement rather than to cancer research, but... but... it's purple!

1 comment:

Piggs said...

Someone asked me today about my bracelet and their eyes rolled back into their head when I showed them. Hehehehe.