Monday, May 22, 2006

Kitchen!!!


lino
Originally uploaded by countmockula.
Yay!!!! With the exception of a little painting to be done on the moulding and a towel rack yet to be hung (and okay, some cleaning of shelves and things), the kitchen is DONE! The linoleum is laid, moulding is in, appliances are moved back... Life is good. By the way, the picture here is the OLD linoleum. I was worried I hadn't gotten a picture of how truly horrible it was, but I found another piece. Yep, that's yellow, red, blue, and green flowery-swirly-vines on a repeating square background with, by the way, deep divots for the dirt to collect in. I HATED that linoluem. I had a nightmare the other night that I had selected the exact same stuff for the new linloeum, only with bigger flowers. Anyway, I'm delighted, so now the next projects are:

Bathroom -- paint, refinish cabinets, new grout in shower. The leftover linoleum was not enough to do the bathroom, but frankly the old stuff in there isn't that bad, so I'll probably just leave it.

Dining room -- I finally decided to scrap the tile idea (I was going to re-grout it, but after trying out my new grout tool and getting less success than your average emery board, I decided that idea sucked) and put in laminate flooring, which I have extra of in storage anyway.

Outside -- a lot of plants need trimming, I just ordered a new mailbox, the lawn needs therapy, the trim paint either needs cleaned or re-done, the gutters require cleaning...

Garage -- big time cleaning out and reorganizing.

Then before we put it on the market, I need to do a really thorough cleaning of the whole place and throw some stuff in storage so that it looks emptier in here.

Okay, I want to watch a VH1 thing on Black Sabbath and pluck my eyebrows. Par-tay.

No comments: