Yesterday at school we had to spend 2 hours outdoors with the freshmen while the sophomores and juniors took exams. I learned several things.
1: Even Zyrtec will not stand up to THAT much allergen exposure. I might as well have rolled around in new-mown grass.
2: Contrary to my prior beliefs, I CAN still hula hoop. I had been trying it in the aisles of Target with my heavy coat on and the tag still on the hoop. But with a real hoop in appropriate dress and with enough space, I can keep one up. The secret is not worrying about whether you look like an idiot.
3: I can also still jump rope. I thought about trying double dutch, but they seemed like they had a line going. Plus, I was in a dress.
4: I have puny arms. I know already that my arm strength is not great, but I cannot do even ONE pull-up, nor can I swing on the monkey bars from one to the next, as I could with ease when I was twelve. I am weaker than when I was twelve.
5: Apparently the similarity between my dad and me has either faded with time and age. People used to say all the time how much we looked alike, but not anymore. What do you think? That's us above.
3 comments:
i make hula hoops. i have some nice big ones. you should come over and see. i have enough to make some more, so you could have your own...
I think you guys look alike.
Whether you look alike or not (I see the resemblence), it is a great picture.
Post a Comment