Well, I'm over 28,000 words in to my novel, and I'm wavering over whether I feel confident abotu it or not. In the past, I've sort of shot my plot wad early, and then had to stall and make up new stuff for the last half. This time, I cane up with multiple sub-plots and wove those all in, and just now introduced what will kick off the climax, but I'm still unclear how I'm going to deal with the next 22,000 words. The guy who writes the NaNoWriMo update pep talk letters says it will all get better around 35,000 words. So, by Monday I should be feeling better. Then there'll be a holiday, only 15,000 words to go, and ten days left.
In other news, I have been working on creating more "me time" in other ways. Like, I said "no" to the three-hour after-school grading session today. "Gee, sorry I can't make it." I also talked to the other speech and debate coach and expressed an interested in bowing out at the semester. We haven't talked about exactly how that would go, but at least I've said it now. The idea is out there in the atmosphere.
I have a Speech and Debate field trip Saturday, then a field trip Monday (whoops, better do my sub planning tomorrow!), and then things kind of taper off except for the holidays. I tend to want to go really all-out and make absolutely everyone handmade presents and baked goods and stuff, and I may have to scale back this year and just accept that. So, I'm chilling. There's an end in sight, sort of. Good news.
1 comment:
If you want "help" making gifts I am up for it, since right now all I have is me time. Let me know what I can do to help you out. Soaps. Baked goods. You know me and my crafty ass ask and ye shall receive. I will call tomorrow after results, maybe good or bad we can grab a celebratory drink, otherwise I will most certainly see you at pre Thanksgiving!
Post a Comment